Friday, March 26, 2010

Update 3/26/10 Day 137


Dear friends,
Judy the Good reminded me today that I never published any photos of my beautiful Adirondack bedroom for the Bloggies to see. So here they are. Thank you again to all of you who made this happen! It's a lovely, restful place for us to be.

Steve is on the couch, with his legs on pillow mountain. They're bothering him a little today. I can see that Shrek foot from here, and his ankles do look swollen. Amazing, after all this time there is still lots of healing to go. His legs got mightily beat up. His lymphatic network and blood vessels are all being rebuilt by his body, cell by cell, protein by protein, little by little. He's doing many things now, like bringing the rubbish to the transfer station, but everything takes longer. So what? I'm so happy to have him home. We're learning how to slow down and be okay with it.

Miss Rejoice is out with Miss Lauren and Miss Heather tonite, seeing Columbia High's production of "Aida". Hannah says she would like to be in a play herself next year. She continues to mend, and I continue to stand in awe of all the Great One has done for her, and for Stephen, and for all of us. Hallelujah! This road is winding, with curves ahead no one can see around. It's true for all of us. God stands outside of it all and knows. He's all set up to be our "ever present help in times of trouble". Or our protector from the dangers of prosperity and pride. Nothing takes Him by surprise.

Joe is at band practice, David is playing some Super Mario something or other, Stephen is talking to his mom (who, by the way, has called him every day he has been conscious since November 8), and we are about to watch "A Hole in the Head", directed by the great Frank Capra. It stars Frank Sinatra. I told you, we are pretty boring around here, especially on Friday evenings. I most likely will fall asleep on the couch, if I can find any room around all the pillows. Tomorrow we drive south to get our new car from cousin Peggy Ann. And apparently Steve's Aunt Peggy, a spry young lady at age 87, is coming for the ride to see her darling godson. We are so looking forward to seeing these dear folks who prayed their hearts out for Steve and Hannah. And we'll zip back to Albany with our "new" Honda Civic, just in time for Steve to have a car at home when I go back to work on Sunday. I have forgotten all my computer passwords. I have a feeling I'll be spending a bit of Sunday with the help desk people...

Goodnite, friends. Remember the words of the Great One: "Let not your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me." I'm praying that for you tonite. Thank you for sticking with us on the long road, with all the curves behind and before us.

Your friend on the pilgrim road,

Loriann




No comments: