Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Update 3/2/10 Day 114

Dear friends,

I'm glad you're not around me today. I am in a snit, and I sure hope I'm out of it soon. Everything and everybody annoys me today, when the reality is most likely that I'm the annoying one! I'm grumpy and discontent, and I need to get over myself. There, I've said it, so send your prayers please, I need them.

A dear friend, who is only nameless because she asked to be, came over today and helped me clean my bathrooms. When I tell you they were bad, I mean what I say. Usually my kids are on a bathroom cleaning schedule once a week, but that got messed up and at this point we needed some "mature" cleaners to come in with gusto. Now we can resume the kid schedule since the major disinfecting has occurred. It was positively wonderful having the workload cut in half! Once again, God shows His love to me in the form of human intervention. Even though I'm a grump...

Tomorrow is round 2 of Stephen's driving evaluation. If he passes, he'll get a written clearance to drive. Hurray! I think we should drive straight to Stewart's for a vanilla on a sugar cone, don't you? (I really better knock it off with the sweets. My donut addiction is enough to handle!)

Hannah's chorus was beautiful tonite! They sang "Monday, Monday", and then did a long medley from "Phantom of the Opera". It was sweet to see her singing. She missed the first concert that was scheduled in mid November. At that time, I couldn't even imagine her in her white shirt and black pants harmonizing away with a group of her teenage peers. How far she has come! The Great One heard our prayers, and continues to answer in a thousand ways.

I know I've quoted my favorite author, C.S. Lewis before, but I must repeat this one. I think of it so often. "Sometimes you have to tell your feelings where to get off." Do they matter? Yes. But are they our governors or our servants? If we are controlled by them, we become those "waves of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." My dear friends, I am scrambled today, but it doesn't change a thing. I am committed to going forward, the Great One is committed to me (which continually astonishes me), and nothing, not even my hissy fit, can disturb His plans. Can somebody please say Hallelujah!

I love you guys for listening to my ramblings. It's an honor to walk the pilgrim road with friends like you. So what if every post isn't a home run? I'm not writing this to win a Pulitzer prize, only to do what I believe the Great One is asking me to do. Simply to tell the truth. Even when it's not pretty. I don't know how to navigate parts of this highway. I'm really, really glad you're all here to steer me clear of the cliff by the power of your love and prayers. Thanks for being so cool.

Your grumpy friend on the pilgrim road,

Loriann

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may call it rambling, I call it inspirational. Thank you for always being there and sharing. I admire that you admit when your grumpy, when you have a bathroom that those scrubbing bubbles just won't work on and that sometimes you just need help. You are so real. May God bless you and your family.

Unknown said...

Oddly enough, I think there may be a herd of Snits about (at least, I was one today!).

Maybe we could all get together and have a snit-in!

Anyway, you are in good company, but with far more reason than most of us!

Snit one, pearl one (the one of great price.)

Love,

Susan K.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad I am having one of those days too.. Where everything and everybody annoys me.. I am feeling like that cause dan ins't here.. lol dont be to hard on yourself about having one of those days.. you have been threw a lot and you have been strong for everyone it is ok for you to have one of those days.. cause your only human and you can only take on so much and be able to deal with it..

Becky Lane

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering what happened between the time I was there and when you wrote the blog. All I could tell my family is what a wonderful day I had with my great friend. I didn't notice any kind of bad mood - nothing even close. Whatever set it off, I'm thankful for your candor so that I can be praying for you. Some days it seems that all of the bad moods we've been putting off for a while because of no time to give them the luxury of hanging out with us, just seem to show up in one big wave - just when we have the energy and downtime to entertain them, and we can roll all of the lousy stuff we've been harboring into that one big, fat snit. In my world, that means it's time to talk about all of the movie reels that have been playing in the background of my mind and get this stuff out into the forefront. I'll call you later. Love you.

The lady in the bathroom with you who prefers to remain anonymous.

Mary Louise said...

Well it must have been national have a snit day. But like I heard the woman preacher on the radio say -"Stop listening to yourself and talk to yourself". I loved it. She actually went to the mirror and gave herself a good talking to. Just hearing about it helped to readjust my wayward thoughts. Thanks for sharing and thanks for your honesty.