Friday, April 2, 2010

Update 4/2/10 Good Friday

Dear friends,

"It's Friday, but Sunday's comin". If you're in a difficult place on the pilgrim road, keep it in mind.

Victory wore the mask of defeat, the cross preceeded the crown. This is no pie in the sky optimism. Real blood, sweat and tears were the cost of bringing souls to God.

Jesus said, "It is finished". He put an end to the dividing wall that stood between man and God. In the original language it means "the debt is paid". Wow.

Short post tonite. All I have to say is bubble gum compared to the great and final words of Christ on the Cross. It just seems appropriate tonite to shut up early. I leave you with some words from a beautiful hymn, "Before the Throne of God Above"

"Because the sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free
For God the Just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me,
To look on Him and pardon me.

I'll talk my head off again tomorrow. But not tonite. Go to bed knowing the Great One loves you with relentless passion.

Your gratefully pardoned friend on the pilgrim road,

Loriann

No comments: