Friday, April 16, 2010

Update 4/16/10 Day 158


Dear friends,

"But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored, and sorrows end." ~William Shakespeare

The folks in these photos are some dear members of our blog community, indeed, precious friends and some of the many who have walked beside us on the pilgrim road. They are as follows: Tracy, Rachel, Kim, Jessie, Jim, Christina, Hercules himself, Alyssa and Sam. Christina, Tracy and Kim all have coworkers too, who also read here and have encouraged our family in a thousand ways, especially at Christmastime. Many of these folks are responsible for providing a beautiful Christmas for my children when I was unable to shop for them. It is impossible to tell you all how grateful I am for your elaborate kindnesses. You're the cheese on the cracker, the frosting on the cake, the music during the silent movie.
We had a dashing time at Terrific Tracy and Gentle Jim's home tonite, complete with delicious hamburgers on the grill, a cake from Coccadott's, and best of all, sweet company. Smitty has been itching to play his favorite card game, Euchre, and play he did, with his teammate, One of a Kind Christina, whose Euchre methods are a bit questionable... I was handed my head in a heated round of Go Fish with the spirited Alyssa, who beat me handily at the ripe age of 5. I think the highlight of my evening was meeting Compassionate Kim, who I came to know through this blog, and who I felt a kinship with from early on. Here we are together:

Again the Great One reminds me of the tremendous treasure He has given to me. During a storm, He lashes us together with those who are willing to share our heartache and hold on while the wind blows. He Himself is the anchor.

Tomorrow, if all goes as planned, the ramp comes down. Can you even believe it? I can't describe the feeling I get remembering those strong men coming to my house to put the thing up. Or the feeling I get remembering pushing my helpless husband up that ramp for the first time. I thank God for the love wrapped up in those planks and screws, and for the men who put it up. And I thank the Great One that the time has come to remove it. May He be forever praised!

Thanks for the many great ideas you sent regarding places to go for our anniversary! I'll keep you in the loop on that one.

It's very late, and I've had a crick in my neck all day, so I'm signing off. It was a lovely evening with friends. I kind of feel that way every evening, really, because you so graciously allow me to share a little of this trek with you. By the way, another friend in our blog world needs our prayers. 12 year old Danny P. in Merry Old England is in hospital with some sort of as yet undiagnosed infection in his digestive tract. This is some great kid, and may be president someday. So send the Great One your best for him.

Your friend on the pilgrim road,

Loriann










No comments: