Friday, May 21, 2010

Update 5/20/10 Day 192

Dear friends,

I was a one armed paper hanger at work tonite. Albany Med was hopping, and I work in the equivalent of air traffic control, communicating with people all over the hospital to get patients into appropriate beds. I enjoy the hustle bustle. And I see things differently now, having been on the other side of the desk. I’m really much happier when there’s just a bit too much to do. The challenge is fun. When I was first hired at the hospital (I only work part time), I told the boss the only thing I can’t do is boredom. Sometimes we make noise in a workplace kind-of-way when things get sticky, but really, without a problem to solve none of us would have jobs. I so enjoy the different personalities of the people I work with. Wildly different. From quiet, get it done types to class clowns to drama queens. (Which of those categories would you guess I fall into…) I like to work. I think most people like that feeling of accomplishment. Except cleaning bathrooms. I pawn that one off on my kids.

We’ve got a little fun planned for the weekend. But first, the sad part, saying our final goodbyes to our friend Judy Whitbeck. We shall miss this dear woman greatly. She was always like a summer picnic in the middle of January. Thanks to all of you for praying for a miracle for Judy. We didn’t get the answer we hoped for, but true wisdom belongs to God alone. I love the scripture in the New Testament, the herald of Christian expectation and confidence, which says:

“We grieve, but not as those who have no hope…”
1 Thes. 4:13

It’s only goodbye for a little while…

I’ll post some “having fun” photos soon.

Some great things about today:

I remembered why I’m writing this blog – because the Great One wants me to. There’s no pressure, no one to please. Hallelujah!

The sky was spectacular with blue from pillar to post.

I bought a non-solid shirt, purple. This will astonish my daughter, who says I only dress in funeral wear. But as you all know, I’ve been breaking out of the box. (Maybe I’ll wear those yellow sandals too!)

David’s WW2 report, after a near tooth extraction, is done.

I made 2 beautiful lasagnas, and left no dishes for Smitty.

No matter my failings, the One and Only says: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

That’s mighty good news. Outstanding news. And it’s true every day.

Your friend on the pilgrim road,

Loriann

1 comment:

Stephen said...

That IS great news, Loriann. Thanks for reminding us of it when we need to be reminded!
Love you!
Stephen