Thursday, November 19, 2009

update 11/19

Dear friends,

How I wish this roller coaster ride were the fun kind.  

I started my day with a good night's sleep behind me, and met my little princess at Sunnyview at 7:15am.  She is going through a stage in brain injury that is marked by restlessness and agitation.  We must have walked 40 miles of hallway with her today.  She desperately wants to go home, and even tried to open the fire escape door.  I know the good people of Sunnyview will do all they can for her, but I need God to do this thing.  I called Laurie tonite to express my sorrow (I am so in need I ask for help shamelessly), and she prayed and shared my suffering as I know all of you are.  

I'm asking you with every fiber of my being to take a minute to ask God to fully restore my Hannah.  Please don't let up now in your prayers.  

When Hannah went into therapy today I drove to Albany Med to see Steve.  He was sitting up as much as he can, and I fed him a little food which kind of upset his stomach.  He is on morphine now, which explains why he told me he would try to come home tonite after a little while.  I explained to him the road ahead will be long, but he will get home.  I so wish he could be with me through all of this.  He is the joy of my heart, and I miss him so.

I saw my David today for a little while.  Lisa let him stay home from school today.  He was so in need of a break.  It's too much stress for a little boy, not seeing mom and dad, not being in his own home.  Please pray for this to change soon!  Please.  If all goes well I plan to take David to see his dad tomorrow.

Blessed be His name, on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be His name...

Laurie said to me "If this mountain won't be moved, we're going over it."  I know you are going over it with me.  It may be a long trek.  Please hang in.  I'll never make it alone.

Your friend on the pilgrim road,

Loriann

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loriann, we pray daily for Hannah and Steve go have a complete healing, as a family. I was praying individually for you specifically today and I believe the Lord gave me a verse to share, unfortunately it is a memorized one and I can't remember the address, "He who has begun s good work in you will be faithful to complete it". I couldn't get it out of my mind all day.
Love Ann Shannon

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetheart, know I am storming heaven with prayers for Hannah's COMPLETE healing. Also, I have specifically asked God to put this on the fast track for Hannah and Steve,as He did for my healing. I will pray for all the things you asked for today also, and so much more. I love you and your family so much. Know that I will walk through this with you no matter how long it takes. Connie

Unknown said...

Loriann,
I laugh and cry with all your updates. You are amazing! I'm praying, my whole school has been praying. Every time they ask how you guys are doing, I brag about Hannah and how sweet and amazing she is. I love you all. Wish i could be there but I'm praying everyday, all the time.
Love you, Jess Baggott

Anonymous said...

As I've been praying for you tonight God gave me this Scripture, it's the Amplified version so it's wordy
Psalm 9:9-10
"The Lord will be a refuge and a high tower for Steve, Loriann, Joseph, Hannah and David, a refuge and a stronghold in times of trouble (high cost,destitution, desperation). And Steve, Loriann, Joseph, Hannah, and David who know Your name (who have experience and acquaintance with Your mercy) will lean on and confidently put their trust in You, for You Lord, have not forsaken Steve, Loriann, Joseph, Hannah, or David who seek (inquire of and for)You. Amen

Unknown said...

Dear Loriann,
Although I have never met you, I am so impressed (amazed) at the strength you have through such a terrible time. I keep trying to think of some way to help, which of course is another form of prayer.Please take time to give yourself a break...in the long run it will be beneficial to all of your family
Barbara.

Anonymous said...

Dear Loriann
As Jess said, I laugh and I cry every time I read your updates. You're a warrior and my hero. You can't even imagine how you touch so many lives and what courage and strength you bring to all who know you and your family. You and your family are in our prayers day and night. You will be amazed when you someday know just how many people all over the world are praying for all of you. We can't wait to see how our God is going to use this tragedy to bring Him glory. Your faith and steadfastness is amazing and we love you so much. Keep on keeping on. We're right there with you,uplifting you and walking that pilgrm road. Love and constant prayers, Sue for Leo & I

Anonymous said...

Hello my Lovee:
Wanted to let you know that instead of our Emotionally Healthy meeting tomorrow morning, we are all meeting for prayer for you and your family. You are all constantly, continually on my mind through the day and sometimes through the night. I am praying always, and am focusing on the particular requests that you are making in the blogs. I laugh and cry with you everytime I read them and am so thankful that you even have the time and energy to inform all of us as to what's going on in this new world of yours. I am completely jealous of those who are able to do practical things for you and I long for the day that I can be one of those people, but I am told to have patience and wait, which I will. Please though, know that you can call on me whenever to do whatever. I love you so dearly, my wonderful friend. My heart is with you always. Hugs. Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

Loriann,
Sarge & the rest of God's troops are standing watch,night & day.Writing words feels so empty.My last comment brought my thoughts to you.Know that I have called Joe more than once.I have invited him & David to a night of dinner & a movie.I know the boys could use a rest in these days.He has never called back? I will visit Steve,Mon.Tell Hanna I have more flowers for her.I will repeat again, in how "proud" I am, in your focus to the Cross.Jesus hears all our prayers & He "will" bring You,Good News.
Really missing MY FAMILY.
Can;t wait for a hug & to see Jesus that lives in all of you.
ALWAYS HERE-Use me
Holy Spirit fill my loved ones.I ask this in Jesus name. LOVE YOU ALL!! Sarge