Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 214 Double Yawn - No Owl Camp For Me

Dear friends,
Friday nights at the Smith house rotate between tacos and home made pizza. Tonite was pizza night. Joining us for our evening of excitement (Ha!) was the one, the only, Jessica D. Jessica is like a great day at the beach - sunny, warm, and exceptionally bright. She was there for my baby girl in her darkest hour (as were many of you sweethearts reading this blog right now), and she is absolutely dear to our hearts. TGIF and Jessica, what a perfect combo.

Young Smitty and Old Smitty returned from their trip to Fort Ticonderoga and Sonrise today. David enjoyed the group games as you can see from the photo. That boy has had a very rugged 7 months, and truly needs alot of TLC and a good bit of fun. Each child processes trauma in their own way. My baby is very sensitive and feels things deeply. I continue to be surprised by the way he expresses his emotions. I love that little man to the core, and would do anything to help him through. Some things on the inside of our kids only the Great One can reach. But we can love them along their bumpy path. (By the way, David informed us he would like to attend "Owl Camp", where you stay awake all night and sleep during the day. We're sticking to Northern Frontier. Where do they come up with this stuff? )

Very, very tired tonite, even though it's only 10:20. (Not ever would I do "Owl Camp"). I didn't sleep well last night (never do when Hercules isn't home). Remember all those nights I went to bed with a little white pill? I'm so grateful Stephen is home with me at night. My heart goes out to the many who lock their doors alone...But even when I was flying solo, there was always the Mighty One there with me. And His grace extends to every soul in need. Every hour. Every day.
We'll talk again tomorrow, if the sun comes up and the creek don't rise. As we all know, anything is possible in this crazy, mixed up world. But no matter what; oil spills, floods, devastating car crashes - nothing can separate us from the love of Christ. Ineffably sublime...

Your friend on the pilgrim road,

Loriann

No comments: