Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 254 Bullet Point Blogging for the Weary

Dear friends,

It's going to be another one of those "bullet point blogs". Some days I simply can't form a coherent paragraph. Little sentence fragments get me off the hook and keep me honest with my promise to write every day. I don't like to do it too often, because part of the value of daily blogging is exercising the brain muscle to improve and sharpen the writing skills. There's no better way to master something than by doing it. So stretching for the right words to tell the real truth about a matter is work. It's supposed to be. Don't get the wrong idea, though. This daily venture is a labor of abundant love. I think I'll shed quite a few tears on November 8, and not just because of the memories and miracles of this year. But because this forum has become so dear to me. It's like a rope tied around my waist as I ascend the mountain, and I see all of you tied on with me. We're going up, and aint nothin' gonna stop us! I know the Great One opened the way for this blog for many reasons, not the least of which has been my own personal joy...

So, do you remember my categories? Feel free to suggest others if you like.

Weather Outside: This is not summer, 2009. This is a real, grown up summer! I love it!

Food for thought: Joseph wrote the following on the shopping list: strawberries, blackberries, watermelon, peaches, pineapple. Do you think maybe he's in the mood for fruit? I made lemon chicken on the grill, rice and sauteed summer squash for dinner. (Trying like the dickens not to cook inside and heat up the house!)

Children: Joseph has a full time job! He's working at a paper company for the summer. Good thing, since he's got to pay for car insurance. Hannah Rejoice is at her former Spanish teacher's home (Hannah is good friends with Mrs. M.'s daughter too, so it's been lots of fun for her), and has spent the last 3 days in total Spanish immersion. No English. She comes home tonite after Gen Church (that's our totally cool youth group). David is swimming at Robbie's house. That child has had some kind of fun summer!

What I'm awash in: Home school curriculum materials for fall.

Music in my head: Oh, Domino by Van Morrison. (The kitten being named Domino has precipitated this).

Books I'm reading: Jesus in Blue Jeans by Laurie Beth Jones, K12 Life Science Teachers Guide, The Joyful Christian by C.S. Lewis. On order at library: Foreign Influence by Brad Thor (thriller). And of course, the Book of all books.

The ponderings: Wondering when I will hear about a DWI on the news and not feel that tight tangle in my gut. Thinking about folks who are not thinking about what they ought to be thinking about, namely, if you pick up the alcohol, put down the keys. Also pondering this beautiful scripture from the Book of Romans:

"And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us."

This world is full of disappointments. But the love of God trumps all.

Your friend on the pilgrim road,

Loriann

No comments: