Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 250 A Beautiful Nifty Fifty Celebration!











Smitty in front of the arbor at the Bedford Village Inn.
The Bedford Village Inn

And Above : Glenn and Mary, Pop Flebotte, Momma Flebotte.


Dear friends,

I'm in Hollis New Hampshire! We started out in Bedford NH at the Bedford Village Inn last night, and I felt like Princess Loriann in the gorgeous room we occupied for one day. Smitty ordered the modified American plan, so we got a 3 course dinner and a beautiful breakfast. I had a lemon blueberry scone that was from the kitchens of heaven, and I'm not exaggerating. I asked for the recipe, but was denied. Probably a good thing. I think I gained 10 pounds here in 2 days....
Then we drove to Hollis to see my dear high school friend Glenn and his wife Mary at their home on Heron Pond, which feels like a nature preserve. They have a neighborhood bear that frequents their back deck, and every variety of bird imaginable. Their house feels like a country inn, and their gracious company has been a real treat. As usual I feel completely blessed by the relationships in my life! And this trip was a nice blend of time alone with Smitty and catching up with old and precious friends. Part of our visit with Glenn and Mary was a side trip to the assisted living home of his parents, who I have always called "Momma and Pop", and who took care of me at a very rough patch in my life back in my late teens and early 20's. These folks were a gift to me from the Great One, and now Momma has Alzheimer's and Pop is getting on, and I realize (as if I didn't before) that things change and nothing lasts forever. It hit me like a ton of bricks when Pop (one of the most cheerful, upbeat men I know) teared up when I hugged him goodbye. There are no words to express my gratitude to these generous, tender people who have made my life rich. God has put people in my life all the way along the pilgrim road to show Himself to me. I am awed by His consistent, relentless love.

I'm keeping this one short so I can spend some more time with our friends, but I am posting a few pictures for fun.
How great was Pastor Dave's blog yesterday? Good Lord, I love that man. He is truly a humble person, with a huge heart of love and a laser focus on PEOPLE. Thank you, PD, for filling in for me! And for being our friend lo these past 21 years. Those we travel with us are not there by accident. I'm grateful to be on the road with you!

And all of you too!

Your friend on the pilgrim road,

Loriann





No comments: